Volunteering To Assist:
To apply to be a CMC Volunteer, please fill in the application form, ensuring all fields marked with a star are filled in appropriately. You will be notified via email if you’re application has been successful or declined.
By submitting this Online Volunteer Form, you declare that you have read, understand, and will adhere to the CMC Rocks QLD Volunteering Agreement below. Included within the terms and Conditions of Volunteering is the requirement that all volunteers must be available for at least 1 full day of the Festival (23 – 26 March 2017). And that all volunteers agree to complete a 6 hour shift at the event per day.
Some of the benefits of volunteering at this year’s CMC Rocks QLD are as follows;
- Admission to the event once you have completed your full volunteering shift per day.
- A letter of reference for future volunteering opportunities and work.
NOTE: Please be aware this event takes place at the Willowbank Raceway in Ipswich and accommodation for volunteers is not supplied.
There are a couple of requirements that you will need to meet in order to participate in the volunteer program; to ensure your safety, as well as those around you. They are as follows:
• You must be 18 and over. (An ID check is conducted before you are signed in. No ID no wristband, no entry). Unfortunately, no children can volunteer.
• You must have closed in shoes on at all times. No unclosed shoes. No Volunteering
For those of you who are accepted, we are looking forward to working with you to make the 2017 CMC Rocks QLD a success for all concerned.
If you require any additional information, or have any volunteer inquiries, please email us.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Our wonderful volunteers will play an integral role in the success of the event. Your assistance this year will be greatly appreciated.
Potential Volunteer Job Roles
Job Outline: The main role of Volunteer Accreditation is to accredit, sign on and off volunteers for the event
• Greet Volunteer and check their identification
• Get Volunteer to sign Liability Waiver, Volunteer Declaration and bear witness to them signing the liability waiver
• Assign the volunteer their job role; give them appropriate credentials such as volunteer wristband
• Mark down the Volunteer arrival time and;
• Make sure that the Volunteer Agreement is available for Volunteers to view if they wish
• Make sure every volunteer is provided with a site map and point out where they will be stationed
• Ensure that all volunteers know to return to sign off from their shift
• ?n the event there is more than 1 shift of volunteers, ensure Volunteer Coordinator is aware of changeover times and all new volunteers are accredited by that time
PDF Ticket Scanning:
Job Outline: The main role is to scan the PDF ticket using a handheld laser scanner.
• Scan PDF ticket
• Clear scan system to scan next ticket
Job Outline: The main role is to assist ticketing staff with the placement of wristbands
•? Listen to Ticket Scanner/ Taker so you know which wristband you are accrediting with
•? Place wristband on the patrons right hand securely – not too tight/ not too loose
Job Outline: Inform new patrons coming through the gate about specific event information and requirements of entering the event
• Inform patrons to get their PDF tickets out
• Inform patrons of the lanes they must go through to get scanned and accredited
• Inform patrons to get their ID out
• Inform patrons about any new event information
• Inform patrons about entry rules
CMC Rocks QLD Commitments
In order to enhance your experience, CMC Rocks QLD will:-
• Provide you with orientation and induction;
• Ensure you have fun and meet people;
• Provide you with a healthy and safe workplace;
• Define your roles and develop clear job descriptions;
• Provide appropriate levels of support and management for you;
• Ensure your work complements but does not undermine the work of core staff;
• Respect you as a valuable team member,
• Acknowledge and value your contributions;
• Reserve the right to select the people who will represent CMC Rocks QLD as appropriate for the organisation, and to assign particular duties as felt appropriate;
• Provide clear conflict resolution processes
In order to enhance the event, Volunteers will:-
• Start at the scheduled time, and be dressed and groomed appropriately;
• Carry out specific duties to the best of their ability;
• Respect the authority of, and decisions made by, CMC Rocks QLD members and staff;
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of the festival;
• Be honest and reliable;
• All volunteers must be available for at least 1 full day of the Festival (23 – 26 March 2017).
• All volunteers agree to complete a 6 hour shift at the event per day.
• Adhere to and follow policy, procedure and guidelines.
We request that volunteers are punctual. If an unforeseen situation arises whereby a volunteer will be late please contact the Event Team Leader, Volunteer Manager or Operations Coordinator so that other arrangements can be made.
To ensure the smooth running of CMC Rocks QLD events, volunteers are requested to notify the Volunteer Coordinator or Volunteer Operations Assistant as soon as possible if they are unable to attend their shift, to enable us to organise a replacement.
If a volunteer does not attend an event at their arranged time without providing notice, the Volunteer Coordinator will discuss this matter with the volunteer at the earliest opportunity to ascertain appropriate steps to be taken.
Sign On / Off Sheets
Please ensure you sign on at the start of shifts, and sign off at the end. This is important for insurance purposes, and to assist CMC Rocks QLD Festival in collecting statistical data in support of funding applications.
All volunteers are representatives of CMC Rocks QLD and as such must be professional, courteous and respectful to the public at all times. All Volunteers agree to abide by all policies and procedures as issued from time to time.
Dress must be appropriate for the task you are undertaking, generally neat clothing and enclosed foot wear. The use of alcohol and drugs are prohibited whilst working your shift. Any volunteer found to be under the influence will be retired for the duration of the event and disciplinary action may be taken.
Occasionally volunteers will be privy to confidential information of the festival. Volunteers must not divulge this information to other parties under any circumstances, either during the term of volunteering or after ceasing as a volunteer.
By registration, you agree to us collecting the personal information you provide. This information will generally be used solely by CMC Rocks QLD Festival Inc. for the purposes of ensuring that we assign you to an appropriate volunteer position, for contacting you regarding events during the Festival, and maintaining health and safety records for all volunteers. We may give this information to third parties, but only where we are required by law to do so. You have the right to request details, or amend any personal information that CMC Rocks QLD holds about you by contacting CMC Rocks QLD Festival Inc at any time.
Volunteers are not authorised to speak to the media on CMC Rocks QLD’s behalf. Any requests by the media must be directed to staff. You will be notified of the appropriate staff members at the induction day.
Health and Safety
CMC Rocks QLD is committed to providing a safe working environment for all its volunteers and will provide relevant induction sessions in relation to event specific health and safety issues. Volunteers are obligated to act responsibly with regards to health and safety as outlined in the New South Wales Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000 and associated regulations.
The CMC Rocks QLD Board are committed to resolving any conflict to the satisfaction of all parties. Please direct any conflicts to the Volunteer Coordinator or Team Leader in the first instance. If the conflict involves this person, please direct the issue to a staff or Board member. The issues, discussions and resolution achieved will be recorded in writing and a letter confirming the outcome of the meeting will be sent to all parties involved.
Where the conduct or behaviour of a volunteer places the health or safety of another person at risk or results in any illegal activity, that volunteer's involvement in the Festival may be immediately terminated by the Volunteer Coordinator, CMC Rocks QLD staff or any other Board member.
Volunteer work for CMC Rocks QLD Festival is not a prerequisite for paid employment and volunteering does not guarantee a paid position.
CMC Rocks QLD Team
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM