|WHAT TYPE OF WORK WILL I BE DOING?||WHAT DO I GET FOR VOLUNTEERING?|
As a volunteer you may be rostered to assist in any of the following areas:
· Meeting and greeting campers and event patrons with a friendly smile, spruiking and providing general Event information and directions.
· Monitoring facilities and amenities.
· Wrist-banding patrons at the entry gate.
· Running errands around the site.
· Helping with administration duties.
· Assisting traffic, security and Camp Site management by directing campers and vehicles through the entry process and to designated campsites.
· Scanning bus tickets on the shuttle service from Willowbank Campgrounds to Willowbank Raceway and on the bus service from Ipswich rail station to Willowbank Raceway
· You’ll get some great hands on experience and an insight on how things run behind the scenes.
· Once you have completed your shift, you will be issued with 1 x wristband for free entry into the Festival.
· If you choose to work three (3) or more shifts we will supply you with one small (2 man) campsite for each PAIR of volunteers in the Volunteers Area of the Camp Site located at Willowbank Raceway, Champions Way Ipswich. This will be open from 7.00am Thursday 14 March 2019. Please be aware that there are no powered sites this is a TENT ONLY site. You will need to supply your own tent. Amenities such as toilets, showers and food + beverage vans will be in place.
· Refreshments (water).
**Please note that campsites provided are in pairs, so volunteers are asked to volunteer and travel in pairs.
|WHAT SHOULD I BRING?||ABOUT MY SHIFT|
· You will be working outdoors so please come prepared.
· Photo ID must be presented at registration (valid Driver’s License is required if you intend on camping).
· If you’re camping, bring your own camping gear (including tent).
· Food and beverages for the weekend (it’s probably a good idea to bring a few snacks to nibble on during your shift).
· Sunblock, sunglasses and a hat.
· A warm jacket and wet weather gear (in case it gets cold or rains).
· Wear comfortable and appropriate clothing to work in.
· Wear appropriate footwear – only closed toe shoes will be permitted.
· Always handy to have notepad and pen.
· A good attitude, common sense and smile!
· All volunteers will be required to work a minimum 6 hour shift. We will do our best to adhere to this, however please be aware that your shift may be extended during crucial or peak times.
· You will be required to report to your designated Manager / Supervisor 15 minutes before your rostered shift time. Please do not be late.
· You must register and sign on prior to your shift (please bring your photo ID).
· You must sign off at the end of your shift – that’s when you’ll get your Event wristband.
· You will also undergo an induction – this is where you will learn some basic safety information and instructions on your duties.
· You must work the full 6 hour shift.
· Event sites are very active with a lot of people. Always be aware of your surroundings, take care or yourself and others around you. If you see something that could possibly cause injury, harm or damage – please report it immediately to your Manager / Supervisor.
|WHAT NOT TO BRING||HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE BEEN SELECTED?|
· Please refer to the list Prohibited Items for the Event (see Event Terms and Conditions).
· DO NOT BRING valuable items to the Event.
· The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged property.
· The Volunteer Staffing Manager will be in contact with successful applicants shortly to advise on allocated positions, roster times and any final details.
|WHERE IS IT?||QUESTIONS / CONTACT|
· Willowbank Raceway, Champions Way Ipswich, Qld
· Entry is on Champions Way
· The Camp Site is located on the Willowbank Raceway site.
· Ipswich is located approximately 45 minutes from Brisbane. You are required to make your own way to the Event.
· More information is readily available on the Event website:
For any information please email email@example.com
|WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFO ABOUT THE FESTIVAL?|
Please go to the website for all festival information